Plz help wr450f

Hi I'm recently got a wr450f and I pulled something yessterday on the bike thinking it was the choke and fuel states coming out of the carburetor. I'll post a picture of what it is.

content://media/external/file/40007

content://media/external/file/40007

Ah how do I add a picture to this

CLick the "more reply options" at the bottom.  Then browse to the file, upload it, and then add to post.

Also, a little more info would be helpful.  Like:

Year of the bike..

There's also a forum here dedicated to WR450s. 

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/12-wr-400426450/

Edited by DrFeelGood

Ahh... yet another thread moved from general to bike specific before the OP even knows it's there.

Good luck finding your thread now dslate!!

Hello my bike is a 03 wr450f, here is the picture, I recently got this bike and before this I had a xr200. My bike stalled and i was atempting to put the choke and pulled this thing, then fuel starred to come out of the bike. Can you tell me what this is?

0721151345a.jpg

That's the idle adjustment

It won't 'pull' and is not connected to fuel

Your float is most likely stuck, and your are overfilling your floatbowl

Pull the cover and service the float needle / cavity / seat

Thank you for telling me. I know I must sound like a total newbie haha. I just got this bike this past weekend and some of this stuff looks weird and not like what my xr had. And when I did all this it was like 8:40 it was dark and i pulled something. I was pretty sure it was that. But anyways thanks again man, I was massly confused on what happend when I saw the fuel draining out the bowl.

Down load a service manual from Yamaha's website for free

We found out the drain screw vibrated loose causeing the carb to drain. Now where cahngeing oil every day to clean it out. When we first changed it yesterday it has almost no oil in it. We changed it and put a full amount in. Today when we checked it again it was pitch black! So we're gonna keep doin this till we clean it out so we got a clean engine.

We found out the drain screw vibrated loose causeing the carb to drain. Now where cahngeing oil every day to clean it out. When we first changed it yesterday it has almost no oil in it. We changed it and put a full amount in. Today when we checked it again it was pitch black! So we're gonna keep doin this till we clean it out so we got a clean engine.

:thumbsup: