HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrwheelyman

Rear Disc on 87 XR600

3 posts in this topic

Anyone ever put a rear disc brake on a 87 XR600? I would love to have one but dont know if it would be worth the time or money.... :)

Thanks,

Randy

If the linkage is set up like my 250(dual carb also) is compared to the single carb models, then it will take quite a bit of work. If it is the same as the later XR6's then it wont take much more than swapping the swingarm and a master cyl bracket I would think.

If the linkage is set up like my 250(dual carb also) is compared to the single carb models, then it will take quite a bit of work. If it is the same as the later XR6's then it wont take much more than swapping the swingarm and a master cyl bracket I would think.

I think I will look for a cheap used clapped out 88 model and and see if it will work. I work in a multi line M/C shop and can get parts cheap. I want an extra set of wheels anyway.

Thanks,

Randy