Starting settings with lowering link

I have a 2015 450.  Have valved suspension with about 20 hours of testing. Also ended up with 20mm offset clamps.  I have found the setting I like best but still running into a little head shake up front and a little wallowing in the rear that changing sag isn't fixing.   Anyways, I bought the devol adjustable link to see if I can get it better.  My question:  To start testing do you just put the link in, then start working with sag, then fork height, then clickers (my normal routine)?  I was thinking with the longer link the rear will be stiffer so it may make sense to soften the rear and slow down the rebound right away.  Also figured raising the forks would make sense.  Just looking for some advice to help me get started.

BTW - Ride 100% moto, vet intermediate.

The lowering link will stiffen the initial feel of the shock, but it will be more plush everywhere else in the stroke. I have the Pro-Circuit link on my 15' and I run 110mm of sag, forks 4mm up in the clamps, with stock suspension settings as far as the clickers go. Bike handles like a dream and I haven't had to mess with any of the clickers yet.

One thing to look into is to make sure your settings on each fork leg are the same. I know this sounds like a no brainer, but it does happen. When I first got my bike I thought it handled decent, but not what I expected. Turns out the mechanic who put my bike together did not set up the forks with the same clicker settings on each fork and the adjustments on the shock were really far off. I put the clickers back to the stock settings I found on MXA's website and the suspension is awesome, literally the best I have ever ridden. Also, this is very important, when you sit on the bike in your normal sitting position and move up and down, the front and rear suspension should compress and rebound in unison. Not one fighting the other, there should be balance and they should work together as a team. 

Edited by Speeddemon73

I have the same link and sound about the same speed . I recently took it off and seemed to handle better . I just did a revalve so might try it again just to make it lower .

Sounds good man! I bought the link with the intent of evening the bike out as I noticed the bike had a slight stink bug stance coming into corners and the rear would want to jump out of ruts and not hold a line very well. First day with the link out on the track and the bike handled like a dream. Tracks way better and feels really even around the whole track. No more front end low stink bug. No complaints and the link does exactly what it's supposed to ?