HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
azorr

Oil Gasket question

7 posts in this topic

Quick question, thanks in advance for any help. I am changing the oil for the first time on my newly acquired 02 WR426f. The parts schematic shows a gasket on the crank case drain plug that should be replaced. My plug has a silver washer on it that doesn't come off. Is this the gasket that has been reused so many times its formed on to the plug, or is that part of the plug and there should be a gasket between this and the crank case?

1437059621115.jpg

Ah, so there should be a rubber o ring between the silver washer and the crank case? I assumed it had a copper gasket/crush washer like on my truck and on the frame plug.

It should be an o-ring

I've never seen a metal crush washer on a plastic filler plug from any  brand.

Thank you for your quick responses and for your willingness to help. I am afraid we may be discussing different parts, I apologize that my original question wasn't clear enough. This is the metal drain plug on the bottom of the crank case that is removed through a hole in the skid plate. The gasket in question is number 12 on the attached diagram.

Crank Case.gif