2014 wr450 speedo removal

I bought a new set of warp 9 rims and trail tech voyager and I was wondering if the stock speedometer can be removed and the bike still function or will I encounter any issues.

It can be removed & several companies sell a spacer to take up the room between the wheel bearing & the fork axle hole.left by the removed part.

It will run fine.  Unplug it and prove it to yourself before you remove it.

If you remove the power switch with the speedo, you need to short together the right terminals so that the bike will run.  If you retain the battery, you need to put a switch in its place.  

FYI, the low fuel indicator light is part of the power switch.  You can replace the indicator light with a resistor and a LED. (Or an LED with a built in resistor.

It will run fine.  Unplug it and prove it to yourself before you remove it.

If you remove the power switch with the speedo, you need to short together the right terminals so that the bike will run.  If you retain the battery, you need to put a switch in its place.  

FYI, the low fuel indicator light is part of the power switch.  You can replace the indicator light with a resistor and a LED. (Or an LED with a built in resistor.

I unplugged my speedo wire from the plug on the instrument cluster to run 17" on the front & I did not do anything else to it & it ran just fine. I did not notice any problems.