HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luv2brap-downunder

Trail tech vapour

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, got everything ready to rock and roll on my 08 450 but the instructions are confusing the hell outa me, when it comes to the speedo.

drilling into the calliper?

Could someone help me out with a couple of photos plzzz!!

Also do I have to leave the stock speedo cable.would look better without is

I used the sprocket bolt with the magnet in it.  Umm, rotor bolt I mean.  I just entered the tire size and it worked.  I think there's a calibration procedure if it doesn't pick up the signal right but I didn't need to.

Edited by chu

I personally don't like to destroy a perfectly good part so I would and have taken it off & replaced it with a space like the one from Flatlanders. I had good luck calibrating the speedo by measuring the front wheel and using the math used in the manual. I used it on both a 17" and a 21" front wheel and checked it against my GPS and it was within 1 or 2 mph using that method.

I personally don't like to destroy a perfectly good part so I would and have taken it off & replaced it with a space like the one from Flatlanders.

I hear ya.  But you're probably never going to use it again.  You could probably sell it for what the spacer costs, but it might take a few months.