HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caxuda

YZ 450f 2014 Light stator

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Someone said to me that the yz 450f 2014 can power a motorcycle lighting system with the stock stator

Is it true?

Best regards

Yes

But the bike has to be running...

Really!!!!! Are you sure? I saw that you have a yz 2014+ on your profile image. Do you have one?

That is a very important thing for me to choose to buy this bike because I want to ride it on the street.

Really!!!!! Are you sure? I saw that you have a yz 2014+ on your profile image. Do you have one?

That is a very important thing for me to choose to buy this bike because I want to ride it on the street.

Unless you mount a battery or such the light will not work without the bike running...Mounting a battery could be easy but you need to fabricate a mount.

Unless you mount a battery or such the light will not work without the bike running...Mounting a battery could be easy but you need to fabricate a mount.

Yeah, I know that it hasn't battery. I was asking about the stator, beacuase all the older yz until EFi have not a lighting stator.

Yeah, I know that it hasn't battery. I was asking about the stator, beacuase all the older yz until EFi have not a lighting stator.

No such thing as a lighting stator. The 10-13 models could easily support a headlight. I think available output is around 100w. They can power quite a bit. Our bikes use a capacitor which is meant for weight savings over a battery. The capacitor still recharges. You could mount a battery in place and have no issues...

Older units could power a small LED light but available wattage was small....

Edited by Monk

No such thing as a lighting stator. The 10-13 models could easily support a headlight. I think available output is around 100w. They can power quite a bit. Our bikes use a capacitor which is meant for weight savings over a battery. The capacitor still recharges. You could mount a battery in place and have no issues...

Thank you Monk!

What a nice info you gave to me. I think I'll buy a yz from 2014.

The EFI YZ450's have an all-DC system, powered by a 140W (I believe) AC magneto.  You can pick up lighting power directly from the red DC+ lead at the rectifier or elsewhere on the bike.  IF you have a very power hungry light, you may want a switch to be able to turn it off, as it could affect the system's ability to run the fuel pump at kicking speeds without a battery on board.  Some of the aftermarket trail lighting outfits offer a plug-in harness the goes between the ECU connector and the ECU and provides a point to connect lights to.

But, the bike isn't ever going to be suitable for any kind of extensive street riding without a lot of modification.