HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TSK-REAPER22

06 WR450F Electric Start Not Working.... Battery or Other?

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals, I bought a 2006 WR450F a few months ago and rode it 3 times and halfway through the last trip the elctric start just stopped working.It worked when I started the ride and when we stopped to take a break halfway through it didn't work. I press the button and it just makes a tick sound and the screen goes very dim like it always used to but it doesn't turn the engine over. Is this the battery that isnt outting out enough power to turn over the engine or is this something in the wiring or the starter or what? I have no clue what to do when it comes to electricity.

Sounds like the battery.. If you want a awesome replacement I will suffer the shorai. It's expensive but ice been running one on my dualsport wr for over 5 years and no trouble