HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hubbazoot

2012 WR450 Seat

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a new seat for my WR450. I'd really prefer not mess up the original seat, so I want to get a replacement board. Does anyone know of a company that sells complete seats for the '12 WR450?

i did a Seat Concepts seat and I love it.  Not sure how to handle the plastic in your case though.  If you really want to spend $ you will probably have to order a second seat or see if they have a part for just the plastic.  you could also be careful and keep the foam and cover intact if you do the "DIY" way then you could re-upholster it if you wanted it back...  but it would be a lot of work.

For me, I couldn't throw out the stock seat fast enough.  Useless.  My ass has thanked me.  

But a thumbs up here for Seat Concepts.

2 people like this

i did a Seat Concepts seat and I love it.  Not sure how to handle the plastic in your case though.  If you really want to spend $ you will probably have to order a second seat or see if they have a part for just the plastic.  you could also be careful and keep the foam and cover intact if you do the "DIY" way then you could re-upholster it if you wanted it back...  but it would be a lot of work.

For me, I couldn't throw out the stock seat fast enough.  Useless.  My ass has thanked me.  

But a thumbs up here for Seat Concepts.

I like to have as many mods to my bike be "bolt on" as possible. Hence my enigma. 

How about shared fitment? What other bike seats will fit? Same year YZ450? YZ250?

Im the same as you....  I like to bolt on what I can.  But had no luck with a bolt on seat.  It is weird why this model is excluded from just that with these seat companies.  Good luck to you!

I think your only option is ordering a new seat pan from Yamaha at $300. I looked into it. Another vote for Seat Concepts. . Turned my bike into a couch. They custom pour the foam and it's not really that expensive. I didn't want to f with covering it so I sent them a 20 and the seat pan and they did it for me. You'll never regret not having your old seat.

1 person likes this

if i did it over I woulda sent them the pan.  I did it myself and wouldn't do that again.  Ordered a YZ250X and will have them do that to the seat for it

1 person likes this

I googled the part number and found a new OEM complete seat for $170.  Still pretty spendy if all you want is the pan and hardware.

1 person likes this

With a 30" inseam I needed a cut down seat for my '13 WR450. I called SDG & they said that Yamaha kept changing the seat base every year or two so that it wasn't worth the development cost for such a small group. They cut it down & put a new cover on it for me. It cost me the same as what I bought a whole seat from them for my DRZ. The seat was low enough but it is hard as a 2 x 6. I wish I had gone with the Seat Concepts.

It's easy if you get the cheap air stapler from harbor freight.

With a 30" inseam I needed a cut down seat for my '13 WR450. I called SDG & they said that Yamaha kept changing the seat base every year or two so that it wasn't worth the development cost for such a small group. They cut it down & put a new cover on it for me. It cost me the same as what I bought a whole seat from them for my DRZ. The seat was low enough but it is hard as a 2 x 6. I wish I had gone with the Seat Concepts.

For my 2014 WR450 I had Fisher Seats do a cut down and they widened it very slightly. Excellent quality just enough padding really did a great job. Fisher is a little pricey but they were super helpful and well worth it IMHO.

1 person likes this