Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yam314

Mapping to keep from Flame-out with Rekluse 3.0

10 posts in this topic

I currently have a '10 YZ450 with a Rekluse 3.0 and FMF slip-on. The bike keeps flaming ut after a sudden throttle chop. I have spoken with the Rekluse rep several times, verified the free-play,and increased the idle speed, but it still stalls, and is very hard to re-start. I think I may need to change the mapping. I am currently running :

Fuel       Ignition

0 0 0          0 0 0

+2 0 0        -1 0 0

+4 0 0        -5 0 0

Any suggestions, as I am new to the mapping, but just bought a tuner.

Unfortunately mapping will not cure it. It would require you to send your throttle body to a company like Injectioneering to fully eliminate the problem. Blame the butterfly valve...

What idle speed do you run?

Not sure yet on the idle speed, but it is a bit higher than normal. I just got the tuner yesterday, and have not had a chance to check RPM with the motor running

Injectioneering was in this early with the 2010 models.  Then complaint then was that "tip-in" throttle maneuvers resulted in a sudden, jerky response from the engine that made rolling the throttle on in a corner or a tight spot an iffy business.  They've gone on to generally improve roll-on behavior and overall responsiveness.  The consensus is that it's worth the money.

Try this fat map that is listed as "SMOOTH" for the 2010:

FUEL                      IGNITION

+5  +5  0               0   0   0

+5  +7  +1             0   -5  0

+5  +7  +2             -3  -4  0

I had issues with stalling on my 2015, and used the fattest map I could find-----I haven't stalled yet (even took the bike on a short woods ride).  The power is also very smooth and manageable.  

Try this fat map that is listed as "SMOOTH" for the 2010:

FUEL IGNITION

+5 +5 0 0 0 0

+5 +7 +1 0 -5 0

+5 +7 +2 -3 -4 0

I had issues with stalling on my 2015, and used the fattest map I could find-----I haven't stalled yet (even took the bike on a short woods ride). The power is also very smooth and manageable.

15 and 10 are considerably different. I have a 15 with a Rekluse also and 90% of my riding is woods. I honestly don't remember that last time I flamed out as the bike runs so good.

No Rekluse here. Just stock clutch. Moto only.

The mapping I listed above is specific to a 2010, not my/your 2015.

Hope it helps yam314.

Thanks guys, i will try out those maps. I still need to understand a little better about how each change affects the power.  I ride off-road, as well as MX.It was stalling on the track after braking hard, then trying to hit the throttle hard out of the berm. But I never had these problems before the Rekluse.

Try this fat map...

If you're having trouble with flameouts at low speeds, especially during quick throttle closings and such, richer is rarely the right direction to push things.

1 person likes this

I agree.  Fat fuel maps seem counterintuitive, but that's what is listed quite often for FI bikes' woods mapping.