HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AIRJORDAN

SHOCK NITROGEN SET UP?

4 posts in this topic

I went to a welding/gas supply today. Wanted to buy nitrogen & regulator. They do not carry regulators between 150psi and 500psi. A shock needs 175. My point is a 500psi regulator is 335.00. I would just like my own setup so I don't have to go to a shop when ever I service it. That was a little more money than I expected. Is there a less expensive way or is this the only way? I have no clue

AJ,

I don't think there is a cheap way around this.

K&L Supply is the sourch for welding tank regulators used for suspension refill. It's what most shops use.

In addition to this, you'll still need a guage. I tried a Race-Tech unit once, but returned it and purchased a Motion Pro system. About $160.

If you don't want to go with the welder tank and regulator, you may be able to get a used paint ball tank that has the regulator built in. These sell on E-Bay for about $150 at best. Most paintball shops can refill them. Search for "nitrogen".

And of course you'll need to adapt the two, but that shouldnt take too much.

At best case, I don't think you'll get into this for any less than $250 or so.

I have local shops I take mine to at $6 to $8 per fill. You'll be surprised how many moto stores do this.

Good luck and here are some links.

DaveJ

http://www.klsupply.com/HandTools/ht-Suspension.asp

http://www.motionpro.com/suspensiontools.html

I have the Race Tech gauge/regulator combo and am very happy with it. I tried and tried to get a decent cheap set up and just couldn't do it. After wasting a good bit of time and money, I went ahead and coughed up the bucks for the right thing.

Our bike shops are weak here in N.J. Nobody has nitrogen within 1 hour from my house. I did however get my shock filled today for just 33.00 dollars (ouch) Lucky my seat is soft)LOL.

Now you can see why I would like my own set up.

Later. A.J.