2strokedinosaur

my jet ski is filling the engine compartment with water

15 posts in this topic

I recently got my jet ski(1990 650 sx) out of storage where it was for a year, when i fired it up (with the water attachment hooked up) it is leaking water out from around where the driveshaft hooks up to the motor. Does the motor have to be removed to fix? Any advice will be greatly appriciated, thank you...

Thank you for the replys to my problem. I did a poor job of describing excatly where the leak is at. its not coming from right where the driveshaft hooks up to the block, but from the housing that is around the driveshaft. The outer edge of the case. Is there a seal and or bearing right there.Is there a place online where i can purchase a manuel for my 1990 Kawi 650sx. Any help again is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Thank you for the replys to my problem. I did a poor job of describing excatly where the leak is at. its not coming from right where the driveshaft hooks up to the block, but from the housing that is around the driveshaft. The outer edge of the case. Is there a seal and or bearing right there.Is there a place online where i can purchase a manuel for my 1990 Kawi 650sx. Any help again is greatly appriciated.Thanks,Bob

well, there is a wear ring around the shaft to keep it centered and keep water out of the bilge....if you can get a picture, I think it would help, it doesn't have to show the water gushing out as long as you can put an arrow to where it is coming from

I say this because I don't really know if you mean it's coming from the impeller area or from the engine side

if it's coming in through that wear ring though, it should have been leaking when you put it away.... it being that familiar with the kawi's I'm kinda shooting in the dark here, but figured I would at least give my .02 cents since there doesn't seem to be an outpouring of replies

Thank you for the replys to my problem. I did a poor job of describing excatly where the leak is at. its not coming from right where the driveshaft hooks up to the block, but from the housing that is around the driveshaft. The outer edge of the case. Is there a seal and or bearing right there.Is there a place online where i can purchase a manuel for my 1990 Kawi 650sx. Any help again is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Bob

Is it coming out of the housing, or through a seal?  How was it winterized?  It could be cracked from having water freeze inside of it over the winter.  Does it only happen when its running?  Is it pissing out of the piss tube like it should?  Wet or dry pipe?

Is it coming out of the housing, or through a seal? How was it winterized? It could be cracked from having water freeze inside of it over the winter. Does it only happen when its running? Is it pissing out of the piss tube like it should? Wet or dry pipe?

Not to step in toes....but mebe I can Lear something here

what difference would it make if its a wet pipe? I've never seen one that touched the cooling circuit, not even the output

again, maybe you have seen a ski I haven't...and there are plenty of those...but i haven't seen that arrangement

Not to step in toes....but mebe I can Lear something here

what difference would it make if its a wet pipe? I've never seen one that touched the cooling circuit, not even the output

again, maybe you have seen a ski I haven't...and there are plenty of those...but i haven't seen that arrangement

im trying to learn more about what circuitry he has for his cooling system/systems in the jet ski.   Water cools jet ski pipes and also muffles them

waterlines25202.jpg

Edited by dirtjumpordie

I thought you meant the exhaust system itself, was it the type that holds water, and has to blown out, or doesnt/drains itself....I have never seen anything other than seadoo's with closed loop cooling systems, and assumed that all the rest had what you show in the diagram (open loop)

Thank you all for the willingness to share your knowledge with me and my 650 sx water leak.

Here's a picture with a piece of blue tape pointing at where the water is splashing out from. It appears as though its being pumped out from all around this part of the case. In a little, from the outer most edge. but it flows a great deal of water all around this area

Picturesroom 017.jpg

bad news....look alike your pulling the motor

good news....it's a helluva lot easier to work on with the motor out

hey op! you had any time to work on your ski? any progress?

best of luck, bud

I know, old thread. But if the water is coming out from under that deflector when the machine is being ran on a hose a cooling line has a hole or loose clamp. Most likely the inlet line, take off the coupler and look!!!! Two to three 10mm nuts depending on application.

Steven

Hi all,

I have a question in regards to my Honda Aquatrax. Long story short, it randomly started leaking into the hull a couple days ago. Nothing happened that I can remember. It is located toward the bottom of the waverunner centrally under the engine. When I inspected it by hooking it up to the hose, the attached photos show where the leak is coming from - I believe from all around where the black hose connects. 

Any feedback on what part this is, how to fix, etc. would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2855.PNG