2014 WR 450 oil return line popped out of case

So while riding yesterday my oil line breather hose and connector popped out of my case I might have snagged a branch or something but have never had anything like happen before. There is no O-ring or anything to hold it in which is strange it's  just press it in. I was thinking there should be something on it to hold it in place. Anyone else had this problem? It's the little medal piece in the picture where my finger is pointing. I plan on cleaning with contact cleaner and putting something on it try to hold it in place. Any advice would be great thanks.

010.JPG

Let us know how it goes.  I have had that cover off to change a water pump seal, but didn't pay any attention to that part.

Fit it with loctite 638 or one of the other 600 series retaining compounds.

Is it still a push fit into the case?

Fit it with loctite 638 or one of the other 600 series retaining compounds.

Is it still a push fit into the case?

Yes it's still a push in fit into the case. Very strange to me as why it's. Thank you for the suggestions that's what I was thinking of also.  

Edited by mikenash

must have caught it on something for it to come out

It won't come out again with a bit of 601, 638 or 648 on it!

Ok I changed the oil last night and also bought some JB weld to apply to make sure it doesn't come back out. Well I tired pulling out the end and no go so I'm just going to leave it for now. I'm thinking it was just a fluke.

Mike,

your best bet is to ensure you have a skid plate that has high side coverage with case guards that might prevent this from snagging (if that is what may have caused it to begin with).

Mike,

your best bet is to ensure you have a skid plate that has high side coverage with case guards that might prevent this from snagging (if that is what may have caused it to begin with).

I have a TM design plastic skid plate on it already and none of the current skid plates cover that area behind the water pump. Thanks!

Edited by mikenash