HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motoman357

Starter block off kit?

7 posts in this topic

Dose anyone make a starter motor block off kit for the 2011 wr450f? Or dose anyone know where to get the seal to plug where the starter motor go's?

I believe the starter block off kit is called a yz450f ☺

Seriously, why buy a wr then want to take the starter off. Why not just get the yzf if the extra weight of the starter is a problem for you

For one I didn't buy the bike it was given to me. An for two the "extra weight" is not a issue. I have put 2006 yz450f cams in an that makes it hard to start using the starter motor. An I really have no need for the battery or the starter motor.

Wasn't someone saying they used a freeze plug for an engine block?

I forgot about that.  Maybe you could wire in a capacitor to eliminate the battery.

I used a frost plug on my 2012.  I pressed it in.  Didn't take much.  I used a C clamp.   Pictures in the 25 pound weight loss thread somewhere.

Edited by MidlifeCrisisGuy