HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHANEDOGG

Differences between Canadian and US wr450 model.

4 posts in this topic

I would like to know if anyone knows the differences between the Canadian and US Models of the '03 WR450? I live in the U.S. and was wondering if I purchased one - if there would be any additional problems or concerns. Will the local dealer be able to service it the same? Will I be able to get it dual-sported? If any one knows, please help - I'm looking at one to buy, but don't want to make the wrong decision. :):D....maybe?!

If you're going to buy one, don't get the '03. A quick pass through this forum should explain why.

If you get a Canadian '04, it's the exact same as the US model except for the sticker on the stem (and no taxes if you buy from Canada).

Jerry

The my Canadain bike warranty was not honored in the US.

Do a search of this forum on the differences topic for complete details. The biggest concern, as I have learned here in Calif., is that the Canadian model does not have a US federal emissions sticker. Could cause reg problems in your state, if not now, maybe later. Otherwise, my Canadian purchase experience went smooth. :)