HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toten

Petcock options

3 posts in this topic

I recently picked up an IMS 3.1 gallon tank from someone. It came with a cap and petcock, no clue what variety. The petcock is on/off only, no reserve. The guy had the tank for his YZ450F (05 I think), which means it should fit my 03 WR450 with the YZ shrouds (which he included). 

Are the cheap ebay petcocks any good? I can spend the $30ish for an OEM one but would prefer not. I know reserve isn't mandatory but it's nice to have, especially on a supermoto. 

I wouldn't recommend the cheap china petcocks. For twice the $$ buy an oem one and know that it will last.  

2 people like this

I bought one from motomart on ebay for $10. It might be Chinese made, but the shop is in CA. It fits perfect and have had no problems. Holding it up to the old OEM they look identical.

1 person likes this