HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jrossi213

2014 yz450 front wheel

6 posts in this topic

I have a set of wheels from my 2011 yz450 that I would like to use on my 2014. I know yamaha changed the front axle size in 14. Has anyone been able to do anything to make a front wheel from a 11 fit a 14?

I have a set of wheels from my 2011 yz450 that I would like to use on my 2014. I know yamaha changed the front axle size in 14. Has anyone been able to do anything to make a front wheel from a 11 fit a 14?

Yes, I run my 2011 wheels ( both front and rear ) on my 2014. Rear fits straight in, front needed - machining of inner spacer to 24.2mm and fitted different sized bearings and seals to suit new inner and outer ID's. I will see if I can find my post.

So YES it can be done :)

2 people like this

Those would end up being some pretty thin-profile bearings.  Are they rated for continual use at 1600+ RPM with a radial load?

Those would end up being some pretty thin-profile bearings.  Are they rated for continual use at 1600+ RPM with a radial load?

I did the conversion over 35 hours of run time ago and have jumped , flat landed, cased jumps, smashed my way through bomb holes , covered the thing from top to bottom in mud and pressure washed it etc etc and they are still running smooth as new.

My conclusion - yes they are up to the job. And I weigh 205 American pounds.

Still can not find my original post though??? :/