HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatboysonny

Rebuilt 2005 Yamaha YZ450F

7 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Just posting my fully rebuilt 2005 YZ450F.

Picked it up cheap for $450 after it was submerged in a flood.

It was a mess, particularly the engine internals.and it was partially disassembled with a few missing bits.

Complete strip:

Repainted frame.

New lower engine bearings, all seals done, new conrod & crank pin, new water pump, new cam chain, new rings, re-shimmed & seated valves, all wheel & steering bearings and seals done.

New fork seals.

Just got it running today for the first time since I got it. :thumbsup:

Engine before.JPGPartial rebuild.JPGComplete 30-05-15.JPG

Edited by fatboysonny

Sure was mess.

Luckily the sludge inside the engine was oily and there was very little corrosion on the face of the gears.

Obviously all of the engine bearings were stuffed, but the engine had very little run time and was actually really good from a wear perspective when cleaned up.

IMG_2136.JPG

As bad as the mud looked inside that engine, I'd say you had a much better place to start than my poor tired old 426 (picked up for $750)- congrats on your project, it looks like a brand new bike- great job!