Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxking390

2007 yz450f clutche problem

5 posts in this topic

Okay I need someone to tell me is the clutch plates thicker in the 07 then in say the 06 bc I bought a clutch kit and it came with too mean and the plates where a lot thinner and lighter than mine I know they changed the set up so I'm guessing the 07 has a thicker clutch plate to make up for the difference if plates and fibers please tell me so I can get back to ridding thanks

Okay I need someone to tell me is the clutch plates thicker in the 07 then in say the 06 bc I bought a clutch kit and it came with too mean and the plates where a lot thinner and lighter than mine I know they changed the set up so I'm guessing the 07 has a thicker clutch plate to make up for the difference if plates and fibers please tell me so I can get back to ridding thanks

I would post your question in the Yamaha specific forum.

You have a better chance of getting a specific answer.

I'm not a grammar Nazi, but I would use proper punctuation and grammar, and be very specific/clear of what you are looking for.

The Yamaha crowd is tough.   :jawdrop:

The friction plates are the same, but the steel plates in the '07 are thicker at 1.5-1.7 mm than the '06 (1.1-1.3 mm).  That's why the kits are different.  The thicker plates were used to adjust the stack height when the clutch went from 9 friction plates to 8 in '07. 

Okay that's what I thought I needed someone to reassure me thanks grayracer I just ordered the new kit should be correct this time wish me luck