Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1000cat

left over 2012 & 2013 wr450

12 posts in this topic

found a couple left over wr450 a 12 and 13 both at $6999 would you stay away from the 12 because of the first year fuel injected motor is the 13 better try for the cheapest price on the 12 ?????????????

I just bought a '14 for that price in northern CA. You might be able to bargain for a better price.

I couldn't tell you if there is any difference but I've always been superstitious about not buying the first year model that introduces a major change (I.e. FI)

I don't think that's any kind of a deal

2 people like this

I just bought a 14 in MO. Out the door price was $7200. That included the Comp ECU, Programmer, and a FMF Q4 slip on. They also tossed in some cheap riding gloves ( good backup pair) and a hat.. LoL.

Am registering the bike in a different state, so that price doesn't include the sales tax I will have to pay elsewhere. Bike manual and couple of tools where also included. PM me if you'd like more info on the dealer.

Every FI year is the same, exactly.

Krannie - I thought there was a difference in the type of FI used in the 12 vs 13 onward. The research I did lead me to believe one is not better then the other, but thought there was a slight difference in the ignition in the 12 vs 13 on.

I bought my 12 brand new in 08/2012 for $6,500 in Sublimity Oregon.

Krannie - I thought there was a difference in the type of FI used in the 12 vs 13 onward. The research I did lead me to believe one is not better then the other, but thought there was a slight difference in the ignition in the 12 vs 13 on.

Same Keihin Thottle body sensors, and injector in all years

Thats the 350 EXC, 12 is different then all the others.

If there's a major redesign coming soon the current models might go down in price a little.  It happens with cars, maybe not as much on dirt bikes.

I bought a leftover '12 in August of '13 for $6k OTD. A leftover '12 should be closer to $5k OTD now IMO. Of course my OTD prices don't include any sales tax since we have none in Oregon :p

I did a bunch of research before buying my 13' a few months back. Nothing is different between 12's, 13's, 14's and 15's