Spring Rates

Need help. What are the front and rear stock spring rates for the Canadian WR450F 2004?

Check out the Race Tech website. Assuming the the suspension is the same on all, the Race Tech site indicates: .47 front, 5.0 rear.

Robert,

Per the '04 Manual, Yamaha treats Canada the same as Europe, so the CDN front rates are .42. The US front for '04 is .46 and the AUS, NZ, ZA group is .44.

Rear is CDN 4.9, US is 5.3, AUS/NZ/ZA is 5.5.

All this is from the manual.

Jim

Robert,

Per the '04 Manual, Yamaha treats Canada the same as Europe, so the CDN front rates are .42. The US front for '04 is .46 and the AUS, NZ, ZA group is .44.

Rear is CDN 4.9, US is 5.3, AUS/NZ/ZA is 5.5.

All this is from the manual.

Looks like they went slightly heavier for '04. My manual shows .45 for the fronts and 5.0 for the rear. I went with .47 and 5.6 race tech springs in my ride. :)

I'm pretty sure the Canadian model is the same as the US model. When I took the stock rear spring out of mine, it had a yellow dot on the bottom, which according to the manual is a 5.3 (just like the US model). Additionally, everything inside the carb is the same as the US model. Which leads me to believe the Canadian model has the same specs as the US model. But I could be wrong.

Jerry

How come there is so much confusion as to what the rear spring rate is. I have heard its a 5.0, 5.2, 5.3, and even a 5.4 from other threads. What is the real spring rate?

Jerry,

Check your bike's model code number. The manual says US is marked "5TJ5", Europe is "5TJ6", and Canada, Aus, NZ and South Africa (I believe that is what ZA stands for) are marked "5TJ7".

Check specs section in manual on page 2-1. The carb section shows specific changes too.

Jim