HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
D-rek07

2014 too lean

9 posts in this topic

So I have a 2014 wr450f and just put a powercore on and now it is too lean. There's no soot in the exhaust pipe and its backfiring on deceleration. I have the power tuner but apparently it doesn't give it more horsepower so that won't be able to give it more fuel. How do I richen this bike up?

So I have a 2014 wr450f and just put a powercore on and now it is too lean. There's no soot in the exhaust pipe and its backfiring on deceleration. I have the power tuner but apparently it doesn't give it more horsepower so that won't be able to give it more fuel. How do I richen this bike up?

Search for "wr maps only" and try out vlxjim's map. I use it on my '14 and love it

Search for "wr maps only" and try out vlxjim's map. I use it on my '14 and love it

But do the mappings add fuel?

But do the mappings add fuel?

Long story short, yes. When i opened my bike up, it was running far too lean. The good fellas here at TT set me on the right track and now she runs great using the above mentioned map. You also should adjust your CO level if you haven't to say around 8-12 using the yamaha diagnostic tool.

Long story short, yes. When i opened my bike up, it was running far too lean. The good fellas here at TT set me on the right track and now she runs great using the above mentioned map. You also should adjust your CO level if you haven't to say around 8-12 using the yamaha diagnostic tool.

Oh shoot. Another tool?!?!

You need the Comp ECU to use the power programer. And yes try out my map its a great all around map with smooth trackable power. Bike runs cooler to.