03 WR starter failure after 04 update?

So has anyone had a failure after the 04 update? I found a dealer with some left over 03's that he will sell cheap, is it worth getting it and updating or just pay the $$ or an 04?

Indy_WR450 is the only one that has done the upgrade (as far as I know.) I'd have the dealer update to the '04 parts as part of the deal. I'd have no problems buying an '03 with the '04 parts. Work the dealer... :)

I've been waiting on the 04' parts since the first of Jan. I think the only thing on still on back order is the torque limiter.

Is anybody else waiting on parts?

I've been waiting on the 04' parts since the first of Jan. I think the only thing on still on back order is the torque limiter.

Is anybody else waiting on parts?

I ordered the parts 3 weeks ago and the dealer got everything in except one of the thrust washers, he said it was on backorder. Alot of riders are probably updating causing the backorder :D.

Smoke :)

The thrust washer is just a steel fender type washer with a large 10mm hole. I think a 3/8" heavy SAE washer will replace it. Get on with the conversion. :)

Ordered my parts last week!

i ordered yesterday. i talked to the dealer today and the torque limiter is on backorder.

We have completed the update 1/20/2004

We have completed the update 1/20/2004

So, how'd it go? How long did you have to wait for parts? :)