yz426 street Tire Size?

The best DS tires i have found are the Kenda's, they are cheap and last a long time. I have run them on a KLR 650 and an XR 250L and were relatively happy with their performance on the street and gravel. They do okay on trails as long as it's not real muddy and you don't try to corner to fast. They don't have the heavy lugs on the sides like a full off road tire, which makes them smoother on the road but not much grip in a corner.

I really hate autocorrect sometimes, I am sorry I meant to say Baja Designs. And you could be exactly right, thats what I was thinking. Who would wire something up and even add an hour-meter to a bike that couldn't even power it? The bike is getting the fork seals replaced and a valve cover gasket but as soon as I get it back I will look. In the meantime I have ordered a polisport 35w headlight, and I already have the head and tail light that's already on. I also ordered a vapor trail tech speedo. I am just hoping I just plug all this stuff up, because I wouldn't know how to splice and cut and solder. i am assuming I can just use the wiring kit with the light switches from baja designs? 

I am determined to get this to work :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Bringing this back from the dead. I got the WR426 stator and flywheel installed. I got the tusk wiring kit for it and also got the trail tech regulator/rectifier to convert to dc to charge the battery. My question is, do I still need to mod the stator? And also from the wiring kit, it has 3 wires coming from the switch to go to the headlight. I got an after market polisport headlight and can't seem to get it to work. It has 3 prongs for ground maximum and medium and then a side bulb that says minimal and only has two wires but it is a plug. Any help would be great, as I am almost finished. 

Current things I have:

Trail Tech Vapor

Trail Tech Regulator/rectifier 

Tusk Dual Sport kit

Atv/scooter battery

WR426 stator and flywheel

Polisport headlight 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im in process of streeting my yz426f and i have the stock rims on it Front tire size 90/90-21 Rear tire size 110/90-19

assuming you have the same these are the tires i have and they work fine

Rear: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0068C31IM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3ADTHY1QK7AE5&coliid=I3S9LIVW196FNI

Front: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LGHV3U/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3ADTHY1QK7AE5&coliid=I31N5HBFECZ90K

i hope this helps

Also i got the same headlight as you and im having trouble figuring out how to wire it, i dont really give a &%$#@! about the running light but the main high/low is wierd, i ordered the tusk enduro lighting kit and i know it has high/low switch so i think i can just splice some wires but if you have a better solution id love to hear back from you

All together my ive put in about 900 for titleing, plate, parts, tires etc. on top of the 1700 i paid for the bike. If i were to reccomend a supermoto to someone i would say get a wr for sure that way you dont have to mess around with electrical and battery placement. I ordered a special battery that is super small but it was 150$ so it adds up fast.

• 6 years later...
On 5/19/2015 at 11:46 AM, blueshortridge said:

I've got the wr stator and flywheel ordered, and if I do that mod, is it just plug and play after that? I got a wiring kit with switches from Naha designs

I have a fully street legal bike and I just got the 35 whatt stater from Ricky stater and it’s great I put a ten dollar regulator rectifier from Amazon and a cheap little led acid battery and tail light blinkers under glows and off-road lights and it works great lol so it’s pretty good deal I’ve got like 300 in everything with some expensive head lights that are bright as hell but for the wr set up it’s 500 just for flywheel and stator so if u have the money go for it but this way is a lot cheaper