HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frankyb338

07 WR450F what wheels fit?

4 posts in this topic

hey guys I'm new here and i have a 2007 wr450 and i have 17" motard wheels only. I'm looking to get dirt rims and tires. i can buy a set of 08 yz450f rims front and rear. will they fit? i have looked around in other threads but have not came up with anything specific for my situation. any other year/size yzf wheels fit.

thanks

wr450.jpg

wr450 2.jpg

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/546770-wheel-interchange-what-fits-what/

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1088782-wheel-compatibility-on-wrs-of-different-years/?hl=wheels

YZ/YZF are 19" rear

The fronts don't have speedo drive

So if you want a speedo drive and an 18" rear then you need WR wheels

YZ250 / YZF/WR450's have 2.15ins wide rear rim, YZ125 / YZF/WR250's have narrower 1.85ins rim

So, yes they will fit, but you will have no speedo drive and the rear will be 19ins x 2.15

2009 & up YZF's have a different reear hub so will not fit

Edited by GuyGraham

They will fit, but you will need YZ wheel spacers

As mentioned, you probably don't want a 19" rear wheel, unless you are riding groomed indoor tracks.....

The 19" rear is better for any and all MX work, groomed or not.  The tires are significantly lighter than the 18" alternatives, and that has a definitely discernible effect on handling, both on the ground and while airborne.   For most off-road and trail riding, the 18" puts more rubber between the ground and the rim, which lets you use less pressure without pinch flats, which in turn improves the ability to crawl over odd obstacles such as rocks and roots.  For desert riding and racing it's a personal preference toss-up between the favorable high speed qualities of the 19" and the favorable lower speed abilities of the 18".