Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motoman357

2011 Yamaha WR450f part swap questions

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2011 WR450f that I'm looking to put some parts on it off of a 2009 yz450f. I really have  no need for the headlight or the taillight, or the battery/charging system to be honest.I'm really interested in having a yz450 top end with a wr bottom end. So with that being said, can I run a 2009 yz450f CDI box an harness? Also I would like to run a 2009 yz450f air box an sub frame, will that sub frame mount up to the 2011 wr450f frame? I have the GYTR competition kit, block off kit, 2009 yz450f IN/EX cams. That's all I have done to it so far.

Can't run the YZ electrics unless you change the stator, which is a different fit on the WR crank.

Just get a Dynatek or Bazzaz ignition system, as it will be cheaper and higher performance than the YZ parts.

I'm assuming all you want to do is get a more agressive ignition map, which is what they will provide.

Don't see any reason why the YZ subframe and airbox wouldn't fit, but it would have to be from a 2006 or 7 YZ.

Those are the only year YZ's that are close in fit to the WR. 

You can't transfer over any '09 frame or body parts.

2 people like this

Awesome! Thats what i needed to know. ill just do that with the CDI, plus like you said i get more of a gain from it. I have also heard that you can run a yfz intake cam, it will hold the valves open a litter longer so you can get more peak horse power. do you know anything about that.

Awesome! Thats what i needed to know. ill just do that with the CDI, plus like you said i get more of a gain from it. I have also heard that you can run a yfz intake cam, it will hold the valves open a litter longer so you can get more peak horse power. do you know anything about that.

Adding more intake lift or duration to the intake cam will make a minor difference with the stock head. You need more flow first (porting).

The 2006  YZ exahust cam is the most agressive. It is more important than the intake cam upgrade, as the intake cams back then were the same.

Don't be tempted to try the HotCams YZ grind cams, as they suck, in my opinion (bad cam timing issues).