HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Thumper Bar Riser for ProTaper?

6 posts in this topic

Does any one know if Thumper Racing makes a 1.5" riser that will mount up to the stock triple clamp and take a protaper bar?

Renthals are making my hands numb.

TOP, I haven't seen any from Thumper, but the owner of Woody's Wheel Works (Denver) was showing me his ProTaper set up last week. He has the ProTaper Woods-Hi bars and a set of risers. I didn't get the exact brand, though. I'll check with him the next time I'm in his shop.

Jake

Pie Man,

MAYBE there is SOMETHING ELSE you are doing with your hands that make them numb :). You cannot use your bike as a scapegoat forever, you know! Just 'fes up and tell the truth.

Remember to always tell the truth, it is easier to remember than which lie you used! :D

NH Kev,

Some old sayings, "if your not going to use it then build a garage over it". And I am not ready for an addition at this point, besides the 40lbs I would need to build it would take too much beer. And it seems to complicated for my wife, i tried telling her its simple, fire it up and let it rip.

Good to hear from you. What kind of insane surgery are you performing on your bike, it boggles the mind, and sounds much to complicated for me.

Good Riding

I DRILLED out my carb's main air jet and the air jet port, along w/ jetting changes. Our crazy, lunatic engineers, JD, Taffy, & Andy just swear this is the ticket :)

When I get this TPS back working (or replaced), I'll be happy. Initial results are FANTASTIC though.

I will post my results for whoever (whomever?) wants to go crazy too!

------------------

'99 WZ with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

Talked to Baja Designs today. They do make bar risers for Pro Taper bars. :)

Mine should be here shortly.

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.