2012+ WR450 cooling fan kit

Good news all!

Trail Tech sent me this e-mail today…

We have now developed a fan kit for the 2012+ WR450F models. We should have them available for sale within the next couple of weeks.If you would          pre-order one let me know and you can be one of the first customers to receive one once they are ready” WR450_Fankit_Proto (2).jpg

Did you get it ?

What's the cost on these. My sumo would love one. 

What's the cost on these. My sumo would love one. 

My record coolant temp on the street so far this year since I hooked up the vapor is 203F.  I don't know what it boils at, 250 maybe?  The heat coming off the header at long red lights sucks balls though. 

I received email from trail tech last week, and they said it would be few more weeks.

Will this fit behind rad guards? Una biker ones to be specific

Bump

Will this fit behind rad guards? Una biker ones to be specific

Yep, I want to know this answer too.  Yesterday in the hot sun w/ lots of rocks, started to boil, so I am looking for a fan too.

Looks to be a 4" Spal puller fan.  Might not be too hard to make your own brackets.

All...

Trail Tech called me today and said the fan kit is ready for sale. They had to redesign it to move the digital display away from the exhaust (yeah the first design melted as we all thought) and that was the delay. Price $169.00

It was designed with STOCK fitment in mind but looks like it will fit with my IMS 3 gal. tank. I may need to modify or remove my right GYTR rad. brace.

I ordered one today and they said I may receive it by the weekend, I will let you all know how it works out.

Edited by Dave WR450

Sweeeet. $170 is high. What's the big deal? The display I guess?

And I need to know if this will fit with some Unabiker rad braces and the Clarke 4 gallon tank.

I too got a call today from Trail Tech and placed my order providing my card number for payment. They said it should ship in a day or two. I don't have radiator guards but I planned to wait until I can see what will fit & clear the fan.

Take off the display and about $70 off the price and I would buy one. I already have a TT voyager which tells me bike temp and that little display looks like it's just asking to get broken.

The fan goes for about 50 bucks on ebay.  VA32-A101-62A if you want to make your own kit.

There's not that much global warming where I live.  I run cooler than optimal most of the time.

I received a call from Trailtech on Monday, I was on the list for the fan kit.  They're ready but maybe not listed on the site yet, give them a call.  Has anyone replaced their rad. cap, the stock is 1.1 bar I've run up to 1.6 on other bikes.  Is the low cap pressure necessary for the burb tank to return coolant?

Edited by openbook215

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1437004112.932235.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1437004137.747067.jpg

I've got an 06, but built my own setup with the 4" SPAL fan. Wired with a thermostatic switch to trigger a relay. As well as a button override.

Maybe $60 total parts? Although time and labor is not included in that.

Built off of the radiator guard brackets. I still want to get some high temp padding to block fresh air from getting in the sides though (forcing all air to flow through radiator)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1437004112.932235.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1437004137.747067.jpg

I've got an 06, but built my own setup with the 4" SPAL fan. Wired with a thermostatic switch to trigger a relay. As well as a button override.

Maybe $60 total parts? Although time and labor is not included in that.

Built off of the radiator guard brackets. I still want to get some high temp padding to block fresh air from getting in the sides though (forcing all air to flow through radiator)

That looks like a nice clean install.

Thank you!

Ok, here it is.

Received the fan kit yesterday and here is what I did to make it work the way I want. It would not work with my GYTR rad braces so I removed the bracket from the kit and with minor mods to the right side brace to increase air flow it worked out pretty good. I was able to use the bracket in the kit for the digital controller with no modification. It had no fit issues with my IMS 3 gal. fuel tank as the kit was from Trail Tech or my modifications. Hope this help answer any or all questions.

I probably could have purchased the universal kit and saved a few bucks but would have had to fab my own bracket for the digital controller.

I will post some pics. As soon as I figure how to add them to the text…

Figured it out… here they are.

CAM01083.jpg

CAM01084.jpg