HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alain

electric or gas

3 posts in this topic

Well as far as versatility & actual pressure the gas is better. But as far as washing your bike you don`t need the amount of pressure that a gas pressure washer dishes out...(not good for seals & bearings and what not :) ). Electric is much much cheaper. The one I have is electric and has about 1200 pounds of pressure and does a very good job... a gas powered washer can easily pump our double that. Even at 1200 pounds you still have to be careful with your seals & graphics...

I paid 150$ CDN (~100US) for mine and a decent gas powered washer is 4 to 5X that price, at least here anyways.

It all depends on what YOU want... Hope this helps.

My.02¢

I got an electric one and I'm glad that I did. Gas would have been way to powerful IMHO, although with electric you do have to have a generator if you wish to clean at the track. Even with the electric I say way back from all seals and bearings. The one I got was a factory-serviced model, works like new! It's here for $125 (model RBPW1676LE at the bottom):

http://www.chpower.com/Chstore/Hot_Buys/hotquery.asp?hotbuytype=Factory-Serviced&hotbuycategory=Pressure_Washers

Also in my experience so far, the pressure washer is a nice addition to cleaning, i.e. it makes it easier to remove a lot of stuff quickly, but when I'm done for the day of if I need to do some work I still find myself spending an hour or so with a bucket and sponge. Maybe it's just the clay-like dirt here that sticks to metal like glue..?.. Anyway, I personnly find that I cannot get the bike clean to my standards with the pressure washer alone.