Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
watto983

Yzf450 2016?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new yzf 450. Had my eye on the 2015 but thought it might be worth waiting for the 2016's to be released. This is probably a stupid question but has anyone heard any credible rumors on them at all?? Not sure how long I can wait.

Yamaha has been pretty consistent on a 3-4 cycle for major overhauls. I think it is safe to assume the 16 will be at most a refined version of the current generation that came out in 14.

1 person likes this

Transworld MX released pics from the Japan National a few wks ago- Looks like the plastic is the same, but the frame had some slight changes to supposedly help the front end..

If they did the front end or pulled the motor forward like that JGR kit that sets the motor a little more forward making for more center of balance and helps the front end tremendously from all reports.

If they did the front end or pulled the motor forward like that JGR kit that sets the motor a little more forward making for more center of balance and helps the front end tremendously from all reports.

Are you referring to the Dr. D engine relocation ?

Are you referring to the Dr. D engine relocation ?

Yes I am. I heard that it works well. If I heal up well from neck surgery I'm going to go with the 2015-16 Yamaha 450 this time around. I too old to have to carry allot of momentum to clear some of these big jumps LOL. I hear that the new ones have allot of bottom. I like allot of bottom end grunt. I grew up on two stroke and had my time railing turns wide open. Thank god they weren't around when I was young