HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Luv2brap-downunder

What to look out for when buying a wr450f 07 to 2010

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm new to this scene, I want to know what to look out when buying a wrf450, are their any common problems or failures to look for. Particularly 07 to 2010, second hand with about 2500km on.

Cheers

No common problems. Look at everything and buy the cleanest lowest mileage bike you can find. Main things would be clean and full of oil all the time. Hopefully air filter cleanings were done properly as well.

Neglect is the single biggest problem.

Look underneath, remove the seat, inspect the fronts of things like forks, frame, for roost abuse (evidence of hard racing) etc.

Hey guys, I'm new to this scene, I want to know what to look out when buying a wrf450, are their any common problems or failures to look for. Particularly 07 to 2010, second hand with about 2500km on.

Cheers

I just be an 08 with 10000 km on it and mine is solid. Spick and span Clean

Yeh I'm looking at a 07 with 10000ks on it, put it at the bottom of list because of the ks, is that a lot for a 07 what's the average ks on bikes ?

Also do they have hour meters stock ?

Yeh I'm looking at a 07 with 10000ks on it, put it at the bottom of list because of the ks, is that a lot for a 07 what's the average ks on bikes ?

Also do they have hour meters stock ?

No hr meters stock.

That's under 200 hours (typical 26 mph average), so it might need a top end soon, depending on how it was ridden.

I did my first top end at 400hrs, as it started to use a bit of oil

Race and practice track use

I average 20mph

Anyone know what a stock 08ish would do on the 1/4mile. Or 0-100.

And what newer plastics would fit on it, if any at all.

I'm looking at buying a bike that came with black plastics stock. Is it a special addition or gtyr ???