2013 WR450F Headlight, two bulbs but no way to operate second one?

I just bought a used 2013 WR450F, I've got a question about it I'm hoping you guys might be able to answer.

How exactly do you operate the headlight? I mean its always on (the lower bulb) but as far as I can find there are no switches to turn the (high beam?) upper light bulb on.

Not my bike but same headlight two light bulbs.

12_450_Enduro_Shootout-15.jpg

So I just found this picture, seems I'm supposed to have a control unit above the speedo like this that has the controls for the headlight (the three lights above the speedo seem to be for headlight use as well as a neutral indicator?)

Yamaha_WR450F_my2012_48.jpg

Okay after doing more research I think I've answered my own question (but please any input is still helpful).

Seems like from the manufacturer (unless you get the 'street legal' model) while the headlight has two bulbs (high and low) they actually only power the lower beam light and leave it at that. Meaning the high beam is there (they even put a light bulb in) but its strait up not powered at all lmao.

So looks like I have to buy a tusk switch and wire it up.

You are correct. The tail light is a three wire (tail, ground, brake) but they do not utilize the brake light.

You have a off road woods bike. No need for a brake light or high beam. Hence no wiring or switches.

I'm pretty sure both lights worked on mine, figured the main bulb just burned out.

You are correct. The tail light is a three wire (tail, ground, brake) but they do not utilize the brake light.

You have a off road woods bike. No need for a brake light or high beam. Hence no wiring or switches.

On the other hand, if you're doing nighttime trail riding I'd say no need for the indicator, you just want high beam.