HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
puffoxr

Power Commander FC

4 posts in this topic

Hy guys,

I'd like to know if someone has installed the power commander FC on the WR 450 2012-14; I saw in the online installation manual that there area "some" cables to manage and, in my opinion, on a dirty bike can cause problems.....

Comparison versus power tuner?

Thanks a lot

Paolo

Hy guys,

I'd like to know if someone has installed the power commander FC on the WR 450 2012-14; I saw in the online installation manual that there area "some" cables to manage and, in my opinion, on a dirty bike can cause problems.....

Comparison versus power tuner?

Thanks a lot

Paolo

I know someone that uses one on a Husky 300 4T. Without any issues.

From what I've heard they would be more adjustable for say a really modified bike that you might be tuning on a dyno. However if it's relatively stock the the Yamaha comp. ecu and tuner work fine.

Edited by stevethe

Yeah, you don't want a piggy back fuel "tuner".

Tuning quality is extremely rudimentary, and it has no effect on ignition curves

Get the GYTR ecu and tuner

The PCFC works just like the power tuner minus the screen and it has to stay on the bike. It's doesn't have the adjustability that the Power commander 5 has. I have had PCV's on everything I own that fuel injected except my 2014 wr450....the power tuner is in my opinion the only way to go.....unless your a tuner and want to squeeze the most outta the bike.....but that will require the PCV and autotune and loads of time.