HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smedes03crf450

cracked float bowl

7 posts in this topic

i was cleaning my carb on my 98 wr400 and when screwing the float bowl back on i guess i tightened it too tight or something and it cracked now it leaks everywhere the only place i can ind that sels a new one is a racing one for 200$ and for that price id rather buy a new carb just wondering if you guys had any sugjestions as to what to get and the cheaper the better im a broke college kid 

Probably worth checking on flea bay for a used one. Unless someone here has a take off one they are not using to help you out.

I think I have a spare but it's from a 07' 450.

That's gonna be a tough one, being so old and not a current FCR model.

E bay

I don't think the CR/MX version will fit your slant-style FCR, but if does I have extras

Yeah its a but different than the newer ones I wish it wasn't because I seen a few of those for a good price I put some sealer on it to try for a

temporary fix do you know if a newer style wr carb or other carb would fit on my bike

+1 on the JB weld. That stuff is amazing.

Screws do not need to be near that tight, especially on carbs and other castings, like brake master and slave cylinders.