HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yzdude250f

Hey just bought 450

2 posts in this topic

Hi been a member on the forum several years, I have 4 bikes my 2001 yz250, 2006 yz250f and just bought a 2011 ttr125l for my girlfriend and a 2010 yz450f for myself, scored both for 4500 bucks.

I'm no idiot to turning wrenches on bikes, splitting cases and fork rebuilds are cake.

I did my home work on this bike and they seem to be a solid platform aside from the "front end issues" I'm familiar with this from my 250f, to me it's handles fine.

Really just figured I'd touch base on the forum to see if anyone has any tips on up keep or recommendations specific to the newer 450, or efi alone, as this is my first efi toy, previous owner seemed to have taken care of it quite well and has an estimated 40 hours lastly what's your input on Lucas or Amsoil that's what the previous owner ran in it Im typically a belray guy myself not trying to start a heated debate just looking for feedback. I attached photo below of my new toy and my girls new toy. Thanks for reading

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1429456974.095127.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1429456986.463570.jpg

Hi been a member on the forum several years, I have 4 bikes my 2001 yz250, 2006 yz250f and just bought a 2011 ttr125l for my girlfriend and a 2010 yz450f for myself, scored both for 4500 bucks.

I'm no idiot to turning wrenches on bikes, splitting cases and fork rebuilds are cake.

I did my home work on this bike and they seem to be a solid platform aside from the "front end issues" I'm familiar with this from my 250f, to me it's handles fine.

Really just figured I'd touch base on the forum to see if anyone has any tips on up keep or recommendations specific to the newer 450, or efi alone, as this is my first efi toy, previous owner seemed to have taken care of it quite well and has an estimated 40 hours lastly what's your input on Lucas or Amsoil that's what the previous owner ran in it Im typically a belray guy myself not trying to start a heated debate just looking for feedback. I attached photo below of my new toy and my girls new toy. Thanks for reading

Redline Redline Redline. Incredible engine and clutch life! They start with a group V Polyolester oil. Best known to man at this time!