HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emcdan

SCOTT'S DAMPNER BUY?

13 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a Scott's steering dampner. Does anyone know the best buy available? I found one place $405 w/mounting kit. Also had the combo upperclamp,dampner, pro-taper bar for $575. I mentioned a "group buy" if anyone is interested. Possible $5 off for 5 guys interested and $10 off for 10 guys interested. Please post if interested in a new Scott's

Originally posted by emcdan:

I'm looking to buy a Scott's steering dampner. Does anyone know the best buy available? I found one place $405 w/mounting kit. Also had the combo upperclamp,dampner, pro-taper bar for $575. I mentioned a "group buy" if anyone is interested. Possible $5 off for 5 guys interested and $10 off for 10 guys interested. Please post if interested in a new Scott's

I've seen them for $550 for the whole deal>>combo TC's/Dam/protapers. I will try to find where it was I seen it and will post back here. ~Hitman~

500 bucks buys alot of handle bars. Ill just fall down and save the cash, Heck, my co-payment is only $35!

Shawn.........

Don't ride a bike with one unless you want to spend the 5bones.

You will never get on another bike and feel safe.

The big things turn into little things and the little things turn into nothing.

You may buy a lot of bars w/500bucks but how many seperated shoulders and broken wrists can you buy for 500bucks even if your co-pay is only $35 ??????

Trust me it is WELL :D worth the investment. especially if you ride hare n' hound or scrambles.

I thought bars were cheap too until I seperated my shoulder 2 time in 3months!!!

:)

That and 50buck/bars = Pain in my shoulder and pocket book! :D

Two Dads Racing was advertizing them for $550 for the kit in one of the threads. Their # is 866-782-4600. I was going to order one from them.

$5 off if you buy five. WOW! That's less than a 1% discount. :)

I cant say enough good things about the Scotts Damper. It turned my bike into a totally different animal. Rock steady in the sand, rocks, and roots. Sounds like you got plenty of info to buy one. Worth every penny, plus you can move it from bike to bike making it an great investment. My .02 Thanks.

Hemp, I've been using my Scotts unit for a couple of years now and I've had a few problems with it. Knob popping off and oil shooting out (Scotts said it was my fault,bs!) and mine has leaked fluid ( they say my fault too). Out at the races in the Nevada desert you would be surprized to see how many guys are running the GPR unit. They seem to love them and have had minimal problems with them. They're also cheaper too. I also like the fact that they have one big knob with only a few settings for fast changes. For the record, I have never used one but I've heard from many (Shane Watts and other pro's) that they work really well. Just my 2cents.

Dan :)

I just orderded a GPR yesterday direct and they couldnt have been nicer. I got the mount kit and damper (no bars) for the 330 TT rate. Very economical i thought. I will be trying it this weekend, will report my experience. Going to ride rather fast, rocky trails with some tight stuff too, should be a good test.

-- Charles