First ride today on my 450

Well I took my 09 yz 450f to the local riding area where I live and did some single track riding tight technical mix with some good flowing Spots we are having the rad dad national enduro this coming weekend but any ways I have to say I've rode 250f and 250 two strokes and never really felt comfy in them well I have to say after about a mile or so I felt right at home on the 450 it felt well planted and very smooth I feel like I can do things on it I never could have dreamed of doing on the others I have to say I love this bike I have never felt so confident on a bike

Edited by springer8828

I have never felt so confident on a bike

A modern 450 is a fire breathing dragon. Know your personal limitations and respect the level of power. A false sense of confidence on a 450 will not end good. Words of the wise, coming from a guy with a rod in his leg.

Have a ton of fun, glad you enjoyed it!

A modern 450 is a fire breathing dragon. Know your personal limitations and respect the level of power. A false sense of confidence on a 450 will not end good. Words of the wise, coming from a guy with a rod in his leg.

Have a ton of fun, glad you enjoyed it!

Yea I greatly respect the power of the bike I've never been one to ride above my skill level i know if I'm not careful it will bit me

450s seem to make less experienced riders feel like a super rider, right up until they bite. Then they bite hard. All of that power makes things happen really fast.

I'm expericed been riding my hole life not my first 450 just my first as far as woods goes stayed away from them in the woods cause everyone says they over heat a lot in them I didn't have a problem with that