HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Qweasy3

Yz250f gas tank

4 posts in this topic

Will 01-05 250f tank and seat fit on a wr400f?

2001-2002 wr/yz250f (8L) tank will fit on a 1998-2002 wr400f but you would need the seat too if your bike had the bigger (~13L) tank.

2003-2005 wouldn't fit unless you are doing a full bodywork conversion.

2001-2002 wr/yz250f (8L) tank will fit on a 1998-2002 wr400f but you would need the seat too if your bike had the bigger (~13L) tank.

2003-2005 wouldn't fit unless you are doing a full bodywork conversion.

Thank you. And yes i have the large tank unfortunately. What does it take to do the 2003-2005 swap? Subframe/airbox?

Thank you. And yes i have the large tank unfortunately. What does it take to do the 2003-2005 swap? Subframe/airbox?

Changing to 2003-2006 type bodywork is quite involved but really does sharpen the old bikes up. Off the top of my head, seat, tank, rad shrouds, subframe, airbox, rear mudguard, rear side panels and maybe a silencer.

There is a detailed thread on here somewhere. It's mainly done on the older mx bikes (with the small tanks) but I'm sure it can be done on the wr's using the larger wr tanks too.