HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sirthumpalot

knee and elbow pads

14 posts in this topic

Anyone know where you can get good knee and elbow pads online? I was thinking that roller blade pads would probably be good since they are made for wearing while you're doing something active. Thoughts?

Thanks!

sirthumpalot,

Before I bought my asterisk knee braces, I had the good old $12 thor pads that worked quite well. I also had the fox elbows that were also cheap. I don't ride with the elbows anymore becuase the annoy the heck out of me. I think you can get either at pretty much any store... try rockymountainmc.com ... they are good.

-- Charles

I'd suggest the MSR V-tops for knee pads. The new generation elbow pads are sketchy at best, but IMHO, better than nothing. Hallman used to make some killer elbow guards but that was a couple of years ago...

7king... yea, elbow pads are a PITA but all it takes is one time for you to appreciate their use. I went down in the rocks in a Phoenix national enduro a few years ago and flat mangled my elbows. The only time I don't wear them now is at the MX track, and I've paid for that oversight as well. They're not as much a pain if you wear them under your jersey.

Just my $.02...

Merf

Merf,

I agree, slap me on the wrist :) . Obviously with my investment in the asterisk braces, i care a lot about protection. I have tried the elbows above and beneath my jersey and they still just drive me crazy... they slide down. If i tighten them up so they dont slide, they cut off my circulation (no forarm size jokes here please, hehe). Maybe I need to try a different type. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-- charles

Have you seen the new AXO knee pads??? WOW!!!! They're trick!! They have a pivot in them and special protection for your knee-cap. Im going to get those puppies next.

I haven't seen the AXO knee guards.. gotta link?

Those elbow guards are pretty nice. They're similar to the old Hallman stuff. I may have to field test a pair of those...

Zx7king... sorry, didn't mean to sound like a teacher. :) I've worn every piece of protection I can find/buy, even if it chafes. I have a motto:

If it's not covered by plastic, it's gonna get f***ed up. It's not if, it's when.

I have the Fox Ventilator. I'm pleased with them. I never know I have them on. $20 at my local shop.

I run the Thor Elbowsavers and like them a great deal. For my Knees I run the Moose M1 setup and really love it. Great protection for off-road riding. Here is a pic of them.

m1kneeguard.jpg

Victor,

Try here for shoulder info...

click this

I had my shoulder dislocate 7 times, and have now had it repaired... the first time was looping out my new CR250 as a 17 year old kid... that thing was a wild ride...

It's also a common problem for snow skiers...

Good luck, and get a good surgeon...

David

Thanks Yamahadude.....

I'll aprreciated about that site.... and i relly need it, cause these is not the first time.

I need to ride again...!!! i really need it...!!