Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hootie233

How to I unclip the port for 2012 wr450f power tuner?

9 posts in this topic

This is embarrsing, How do I go about unclipping the connector that you use to connect the GYTR power tuner into? It looks like there are 3 clips on it? I only have two hands and Im sure there is an easy obvious method that Im misssing out on. Thanks! Im new in case you cant tell

1. i hook my fingernail under the tab between the socket and plug

pull tab away from plug and pull out plug

Yea, second that.  It's way easier and the tab pulls to the outside, not push in.  If you can't get it with your fingers, you're doing something wrong.

Yes

This is hilarious - I struggled for about 20 mins with that little clip ...

This is embarrsing, How do I go about unclipping the connector that you use to connect the GYTR power tuner into? It looks like there are 3 clips on it? I only have two hands and Im sure there is an easy obvious method that Im misssing out on. Thanks! Im new in case you cant tell

This is kinda funny.  I struggled too.  Getting it off the mounting bracket was a challenge too.  I ended up taking the seat off so that I could fit a flathead into the clip release on the metal bracket.

Thanks guys, I was definitely doing something wrong.... Before I start an extra thread does anyone notice that their idle adjustment knob doesnt do anything? Do how do I adjust idle?

Mine works fine. Hook up a GYTR tuner, go to monitor mode and run the bike for actual readings. You can watch it change while making adjustments. I haven't tried to move mine drastically, but I've adjusted it with the meter hooked up so I know it works.

Make sure the knob is pushed in. 

Oh and the plug is tight do to the water seal. But do lift the tab and pull.