HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ill_caper

Engine Ice

4 posts in this topic

Anyone using it. I bought some and am waiting to put it in my bike. How do I flush the system? Do I just drain it out completely and add the engine ice or should I maybe run some pure water through to get rid of the reminants of the stock stuff. I work at a pharmaceutical company so we have tone of rodi(reverse osmosis deionized water) water that i could use to flush it out. Is this even necessary? Thanks in advance for any advice. Cant wait riding season is coming soon. Just got a new helmet for valentines day from my girlfriend. :D Take care guys, D :):D

Dont use engine ice until it is hot out. 50/50 distilled water antifreeze works great for cold weather. When you are ready just drain the fluid from the drain bolt at the water pump and then refill. :)

When you decide to use it, flush with radi water a couple times. I think I even used vinegar to neutralize the system for one flush, say 10-12 oz with radi or distilled water. I then flushed it twice and used ice.

I use it and its great I drained my bike flushed it w/ dis h2o the filled it w/ dis h2o and ran it for a couple of min then drained it and added the ice. :)