HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz125dad81

GYTR Tuner

17 posts in this topic

I have a 2014 wr450f. I recently bought a GYTR Tuner for it and it doesn't work. I think I'm doing everything right. It connects to the plug at the air box. I try to send maps and it states, failure to connect to Ecu. What am I doing wrong? If it matters I bought this bike brand new. Thank you.

I have a 2014 wr450f. I recently bought a GYTR Tuner for it and it doesn't work. I think I'm doing everything right. It connects to the plug at the air box. I try to send maps and it states, failure to connect to Ecu. What am I doing wrong? If it matters I bought this bike brand new. Thank you.

I think you need to get the competition ECU, but I could be wrong. I just upgraded mine and bought the tuner, but bike is in the shop for a valve adjustment, so I haven't had a chance to upload any maps yet.

When you look at the GYTR Competition kit (comp ecu) it says it allows ECU adjustments via the power tuner. This makes me think you can't adjust the stock ecu.

Ordered one and over night delivery. Thank you and I'll try this.

I think in order to utilize the maps, you need to install the shorter throttle screw, since the maps are designed to make use of the full throttle.  I had the shop do this for me while adjusting the valves.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Seems to make sense to me since each setting is at a % of throttle and if you are stuck at 3/4 throttle, the top end may not work properly?

Need the comp ecu. Throttle screw has no effect on connectivity. Sounds like you will be good to go though

1 person likes this

I cut my throttle screw a few days after I bought the bike.

How did the Tuner work out?  I loaded the aussie map this weekend and the bike is a beast now.  Kinda scares me a little.

The bike runs a lot better compared to stock.  It starts right up.  I do have some minor popping on decel though.

If it's minor I would stress it. I'm loving it. I ran a hard pack map the other day. So easy to ride wheelies and shift while doing so. Going to run the aussie map next ride.

Simplicity. The GYTR tuners are very easy to use, hard to really mess up your bike with, and it's what most people use so for comparing maps and getting suggestions it's the best one to use.

battery's are no good this thing won't work unless you have topshelf battery's in them or bad connection to bike I'd go with bad battery's.

That's true the PCV is piggyback but offers much more flexibility, but its also more complicated at the same time! I guess I could see it being a double edge sword there...

Where the WR needs both the ECU and the GYTR tuner, price is about the same, but with the YZ only the tuner is needed.