anyone running a steering stabilizer on a 014-15 yz450?

brand? price? work well?

Just ordered a GPR stabilizer kit for my 14 yz 450. $500 for stabilizer and upper triple clamp. Haven't ridden with it yet but I've only heard good things

I use the same set up GPR with the top clamp. At first the bar mounts from GPR were no good and the bars would move, they sent me new bar mounts for free and everything was good to go. did not even have to send the old ones back. They have really good customer service. I have been running that setup with no issues. If you get it with the top clamp the bars stay the same height. i think the first service is free and $25 from then on.

I will be switching to the ohlins set up soon, because i want to run a different triple clamp offset and no company seems to make triple clamps that mount up with the GPR. thats really the only downside to this set up. 

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

IMG_7419.JPG

Edited by Drenmaster

Scotts/can't tell/Yes, works excellent

20150319_124008_zpsq86pv6yy.jpg

Wherr can you get the gpr with top clamp for 500? Only place I can find the gpr at all is rocky mountain atv its 480 but not with top clamp that kit is 620

GPR had a sale a while back and it was $400 for with the bar mount, and $500 with the top clamp. Even at $620 it is still worth it. 

Buy a Scotts, it a better unit...

Hi/Lo Speed Adjustments and sweep, unlike the GPR unit...

GPR offers a discount for district 37 racers.

I have heard negative things about Scott stabilizers

GPR HAS to offer a discount to justify their product.  They blow up on a regular basis and need the constant support.  

I just sent in a Scott's unit that has had well over 7 hard years on it.  A couple of routine oil changes in that time and just now the bushing inside of it I suspect of wear.  Absolutely no way I'd get that kind of lifetime out of a GPR.

I guess people who get the GPR's for free are stoked on them.

On a semi-related note, I think I'm going to machine my own upper bar clamp this week to accept the Scott's stabilizer in all 4 bar positions.

GPR offers a discount for district 37 racers.

Please enlighten us about those negative things?

Name one.

I got hold of a crash damaged Scotts unit several years ago, repaired it, and it's been on three bikes since.  The thing has saved my old ass many times.

Only the Scotts (Ohlins design) has as much adjustability, and as far as I know, only the Scotts has a separate high speed circuit. 

The beauty of it is that you can't tell it's doing anything until you've ridden it a few times and then decide to try the bike once without it.

Add to that the fact that Scotts customer service is the absolute top of the line.

Bought a gpr today that's the only brand I can find for 2015 yz450

Bought a gpr today that's the only brand I can find for 2015 yz450

The bike in the picture that Monk posted of his Scotts is a 2015 YZ450F. 

Im sure I'll be happy with gpr I'll have it friday rocky mountain atv and only paid 429