HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kylestengel822

07 yz450f what to upgrade?

8 posts in this topic

Hi I have a 2007 yz450f and would like to know what are some good upgrades to improve the overall handling of my bike.

Parts:

Factory fx gripper seat

All new graphics

Gytr head

High comp. Piston

Hot rods crank

Boyeseen complete water pump

Hinson complete clutch

Heavy duty clutch springs

Bridgestone battlecross x40 tires

Geared 13/49 for track riding

48 pilot jet for carb

UNI air filter

aluminum throttle tube

And new fork seals and bushings

Besides all of that I've only clicked my suspension and set my sag every race.

I was thinking maybee a pipe?

New triple clamps?

Doesn't feel that corner friendly. Power is not a problem at all as I can hit a 75 foot triple 2nd gear no problem.

I keep up to date on all of services change oil every other ride along with all filters.

And valve adjustment every 20 hours. Thank you in advance.

1427848223627.jpg

1427848236197.jpg

1427848268709.jpg

"Besides all of that I've only clicked my suspension and set my sag every race."

Dunno why you'd have to set your sag every race unless you carry a dumbell sometimes and other times not...

But you obviously need to get your suspension set up. Any good tuner can take care of you or do the homework and do it yourself, lots and lots of SSS info on here. You don't have many mods on that bike but in reality, an MX bike being used for MX doesn't need much. Get the suspenders dialed and ride.

1 person likes this

so i know this is a little off topic but i cant find a better topic i have a 2003 yz450f and i have a pro moto billet spark arrestor on it and it backfires like a sunofabitch and there is a replaceable screen for the spark arrestor, would that fix it or would i have to re-pack the silencer? and also there is a rattle on the back end of the bike when in low rpm's not sure what it is

so i know this is a little off topic but i cant find a better topic i have a 2003 yz450f and i have a pro moto billet spark arrestor on it and it backfires like a sunofabitch and there is a replaceable screen for the spark arrestor, would that fix it or would i have to re-pack the silencer? and also there is a rattle on the back end of the bike when in low rpm's not sure what it is

check for exhaust leaks

1 person likes this

so i know this is a little off topic but i cant find a better topic

Why not start your own? It's free!!