HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JLB98

2011 YZ450F problems. Please help!

3 posts in this topic

My 2011 YZ450F has just started acting up and I have no idea what it could be. When it idles, it seems to be fine, when I rev it seems to be fine but when I put in 1st gear and give it a lot of gas, it'll fall on its face then pick back up and then fall on its face again. It also does the same in 2nd gear and 3rd gear. I haven't tried 4th or 5th yet but I assume it'll probably still do it. I changed the air filter once it started doing it but it still remains to do it. I don't think its bad gas because it idles and revs fine, but have no idea if it has anything to do with the fuel injection because if it did then it wouldn't idle and rev good. I'm confused, please help!

Edited by JLB98

There have been issues with fuel filters (built into the pump assembly) becoming clogged, but that doesn't exactly fit with your problem.  You might be looking at a defective or improperly adjusted TPS position, or perhaps another sensor input out of range.  If you have access to a power tuner, you might start by interrogating the ECU for stored trouble codes.

Thanks man, I'll try everything you said. Like what's happening just makes no sense at all.