What bike is this head for?

This is a Yamaha YZF head of some sort but I'm looking for help identifying the exact model and year of the bike. I bought a lot of motorcycle parts and this was in with the bunch. I just don't know exactly what it is. There are castings of 25210 and y-2 but that's all I've got. Any help would be appreciated. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427252244.764207.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427252265.915428.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427252286.318513.jpg

Sure looks like a yz 450f head 06-09 are all same I believe.

On my 09 the coolant fitting is different.

It also doesn't have that wire loop thing.

I don't think its an 09.

I think I've got it! I kept seeing the same thing. The coolant fitting curls up or to the side for all of the motorcycle heads. That's what was throwing me off. Then after the last reply from mad_potter it clicked with me. It's a yfz four wheeler head. Google image search and there it is. The question I have is are both YZF and YFZ exactly the same besides those bolt-on parts from 06-09?

It's a Gen2 quad head.  Should be mostly interchangeable with an '06-'09.

So the YZ450F used this head from '06-'09. Any idea what the model years for the quad were? Looks to me like they started in '10. 

'09, I believe, but only on the "R" model.  The others previous to that were Gen1 450's.  Also note that the inboard (right side, looking at the front of the head) exhaust stud needs to be removed and replaced by the Allen head bolt used in that position by the YZ/WR models.  The stud doesn't allow adequate clearance for the nut to be installed; conflict with the frame on the bike.

'09, I believe, but only on the "R" model....

Thanks grayracer513, I appreciate the info! '09 until when?

Up to the current models, and now including the non-R YFZ450, as far as I know, unless there was a change in the R when they went to EFI.  I don't follow the evolution of the quad very closely.

Thanks!