WR400f LED headlight help!

Its a 1998 WR400f, and it runs great. But the headlight goes out as soon as i rev up the bike. It just started doing this. The lights worked fine when i first put them on.

My guess is your DC converter for the LED is bad. Unless you changed your Stator to a DC system, your headlight runs on AC. You need a DC converter to make it work...

My guess is your DC converter for the LED is bad. Unless you changed your Stator to a DC system, your headlight runs on AC. You need a DC converter to make it work...

Yeah i just figured that out. My stator output is AC. I need a bridge rectifier

Just float the ground on your stator so you don't waste the AC power. I did this on my 06 WR450 and was able to run a 35w HiD, grip heaters and use electric start all I wanted without issue.

Any idea how 'hot' a bulb you can put inside the headlight shell without melting something?

Maybe an HID or LED conversion unit???

I did the Baja Conversion and just stayed with the stock bulb

Its not too bright, would like something brighter w/o melting something

Thats one of the tighter headlight shell areas I've seen and virtually ALL of the bikes wiring is right there behind the headlight. A meltdown would be insanely costly.

Got a bridge rectifier, a diode and a capacitor wired up. I do need a bigger capacitor because it still flickers pretty bad at idle. Otherwise its working great. Used this video as a reference: