08 WR 450 Forks

What forks came on the 08 wr 450. Are they SSS?

Absolutely positively not. They have what I call a defective base valve in the bottom of the forks. You need to install a valve that uses shims instead of a spring. Racetech makes a gold valve that gets rid of the useless stock base valve spring system. 

thanks

Just buy 2006 YZ 450 SSS forks then sell your current ones. You'll be out 200.00 to 300.00 which is a lot better then stock with custom valves at 200. It's a no brainer! Best mod I have done.

Absolutely positively, unequivically no f'ing way not.  They have what I call a defective base valve in the bottom of the forks. You need to install a valve that uses shims instead of a spring. Racetech makes a gold valve that gets rid of the useless stock base valve spring system. 

Just buy 2006 YZ 450 SSS forks then sell your current ones. You'll be out 200.00 to 300.00 which is a lot better then stock with custom valves at 200. It's a no brainer! Best mod I have done.

^^ do that and live.

Bought the '06 YZ forks for $300, sold my stock ones for $150. Then had them revalved by ENZO, sweetness ;)

Then sold the bike a few years later :D

What year forks swap over with the least trouble??

What year forks swap over with the least trouble??

For the '07 and up before the big change, the '06 YZ forks bolt right up with nothing else to do. You get to keep the ODO.

2006 only, 250/450 YZ only

Previous years are AOS models (suck)

Later years have different caliper brackets

Thanks Bill and Kenny.