HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hurricane

Bent head pipe

3 posts in this topic

I looped out riding a wheelie and my 98' WR400 fell and bent the header pipe up towards the handle bars :). I didn't even notice it was bent until after I was done riding and was going to change my oil and noticed that I don't have to remove my header to get to my oil filter. Will this hurt anything? I didn't notice any loss of power. If so, does anyone have a stock header that they would be willing to part with?

Hurricane

Hurricane, Thats a good question. I removed my oil filter the other day and didn't have to loosen the pipe like I used to. After reading your post I looked at the header and sure enough the the pipe was bent right at the crease :) . The bike still runs great with no loss of power, I now have a custom header :D . Doug

Aftershock,

That is exactly where my header has a bend in it. I guess it will be ok since either of are experiencing any loss of power. I'll let you know if I do.

Hurricane