HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DJAY18

Fork oil

4 posts in this topic

Ok, so I had oil running down my forks when I bought my bike which I thought automatically I had a bad fork seal.. but I bought a seal mate and cleaned the dirt out from the seals and they're no longer leaking so what I wanna know is should I add oil now? because I'm not sure how much came out of the fork seeing as I bought the bike like that and how do I go about adding oil without taking the fork apart?!

Either ride the bike without knowing if there is much oil left or do a quick change. Only takes 10 minutes to empty and refill the bottom fork tubes.

I wouldn't add any because you won't know how much leaked. You can measure the level but if you've gone that far may as well get fresh stuff In there. It's always best to do the inner chamber at the same time but not the end of the world if you don't.

Edited by torkd14

Ok, I've never done it before so it will prob take me a little longer than 10 min but I'll give it a shot lol thanks man!

Ok, I've never done it before so it will prob take me a little longer than 10 min but I'll give it a shot lol thanks man!

The owners manual is super handy use it like a bible lol